All-On-4– Montgomeryville, PA
Enjoy a New Smile Much Sooner
When you’ve lost most of your teeth, you’ll want to receive your new ones quickly so that you can once again speak and smile freely. Unfortunately, patients who receive traditional implants often must wait quite a while after the surgery to receive new dentures. Our dentists at Dental Innovations know that you’d rather not wait, so feel free to get in touch with us and ask about All-on-4 in Montgomeryville; this procedure could have you smiling again much sooner than you think!
How Do All-On-4 Implants Work?
With the All-on-4 procedure, only four implant posts are used. They are placed at specific angles that let them integrate with the denser areas of the jawbone located near the front of the mouth, giving them enough stability and support to (in many cases) immediately hold temporary dentures. The procedure itself takes multiple steps:
- The four implants are placed into the gum line, and your temporary restoration is placed.
- During the next few months, the mouth heals and the implants fuse with the jawbone. In the meantime, your permanent dentures are being designed by experts in a dental laboratory.
- You’ll receive your permanent new teeth at a separate appointment once your mouth has fully healed.
Am I A Candidate for All-On-4 Implants?
All-on-4 is specifically meant for full arch replacement; thus, you must have lost most or all of the teeth in your upper or lower jaw to be considered a candidate. We’ll often suggest this procedure to patients who have already lost some amount of jawbone density due to their missing teeth (such as those who have been wearing traditional dentures for a while). Your mouth should already be free of gum disease and other oral health issues before the surgery, so be sure to ask about any treatments you might need to undergo at the beginning of the process.
What Are the Benefits of All-On-4 Implants?
- No Bone Grafting: Even if your jaw has suffered from bone loss, there can still be areas that are bulky enough to support implants. All-on-4 will take advantages of these spots, so bone grafting often isn’t necessary at all.
- Faster Healing: Supporting dentures with fewer implants means that your mouth will heal quicker than it normally would.
- Improved Appearance: All-on-4 replaces both the visible part of the teeth and the underlying root structure in order to create a dazzling smile.
- Longevity: With simple maintenance and regular appointments at Dental Innovations, you can help your dental implants last for decades.
All-On-4 VS Traditional Dental Implants
Traditional implants will typically leave you without any teeth at all during the initial recovery period; the posts simply can’t support a prosthetic at that point. In contrast, All-on-4 will let you walk away from the first surgery with temporary dentures that will allow you to speak clearly and enjoy a varied diet until you are ready for the permanent version. Furthermore, All-on-4 greatly simplifies the process for patients who would normally need to undergo additional procedures just to give their jaws the depth and strength required to hold implant posts.