Implant Dentures – Montgomeryville, PA
Restore Your Smile with the Closest Alternative to Natural Teeth
According to the American Academy of Prosthodontists, an estimated 40 million people are missing all of their teeth. Tooth loss can have a drastic impact on your quality of life, affecting your ability to do basic tasks like eating and speaking without difficulty. Fortunately, with implant dentures in Montgomeryville, you can regain a smile that not only looks completely natural, but also feels lifelike. To learn whether you’re a good candidate for the procedure, schedule a consultation with our team today!
Why Choose Dental Innovations for Implant Dentures?
- All-on-4 Dental Implants Available
- Additional Financing Through CareCredit
- Start-to-Finish Dental Implant Treatment
What are Implant Dentures?
Implant dentures offer the best of both worlds, including the aesthetic benefits of customized dentures and the stability and strength of dental implants. Once the implants are secured below the gumline, they’re able to naturally fuse with the jawbone through a process called osseointegration, which provides your dentures with a foundation similar to the natural tooth roots to secure to. Based on your needs, you may benefit from either fixed or removable implant dentures, which we can discuss with you at your consultation.
Fixed/Permanent Implant Dentures
Fixed implant dentures stay firmly in place throughout your life, and you won’t even need to take them out when you sleep at night or to clean them. The only time that they’ll likely be removed is by your implant dentist in Montgomeryville during your routine checkups and cleanings. Typically, these permanent implant dentures are secured by anywhere from four to eight implants positioned within the jaw.
Removable Implant Dentures
Removable implant dentures are commonly referred to as “overdentures” or “Snap-On dentures.” They’re secured by clips that are held in place by anywhere from two to five dental implants, which makes this procedure excellent for patients who have sustained jawbone loss and don’t want to undergo bone grafting.
The Implant Denture Procedure
- Implant Denture Consultation. During your consultation, our team at Dental Innovations will help you determine whether implant dentures are right for you. We’ll map out a customized treatment timeline for you as well so you know exactly what to expect throughout the process.
- Placement of Dental Implants. You’ll have your dental implants placed in-office by one of our specialists.
- Osseointegration & Abutment Placement. Over the next three to six months, the implants will fuse with your jawbone through a process called osseointegration. Then, we’ll attach the abutments to the implant posts.
- Attaching the Denture. As soon as your customized denture arrives to our office, we’ll call you in to complete your procedure and attach it.
Am I a Candidate for Implant Dentures?
We typically suggest implant dentures for candidates who:
- Are dedicated to maintaining good oral health.
- Have realistic expectations of the procedure.
- Are in relatively good oral and overall health.
- Can undergo anesthesia.
- Are committed to following through with the lengthy process.
- Are missing an entire arch of teeth.
The Benefits of Combining Dentures & Dental Implants
Implant dentures are able to offer a wide array of benefits that distinguish them from traditional dentures, including some of the following:
- Enhanced oral health, because maintaining implant dentures is simple—just take care of them like your natural teeth!
- Prevention of jawbone deterioration due to tooth loss.
- Enhanced chewing and speaking abilities due to a more stable prosthetic.
- Boosted confidence with a smile that looks and feels completely natural.
If you’re ready to restore your smile and want to learn more about how we can do that at Dental Innovations, we invite you to reach out to us and schedule a consultation today!